ReGrowing Store-Bought Food

There is a brilliant section on my website about gardening, and lately I've added a bunch of pages about Re Growing Food.

This eliminates waste and saves you money! It's great for the environment! :-)

For example! Instead of throwing away an Avocado Seed that came out of the most delicious avocado, I decided "Hey' why not!?" I dried the seed out for about a week. Planted it and kept the soil moist until it was established and "TADA!"
This is the beautiful, baby Avocado tree, that I almost threw into the garbage when it was only a seed.

And I've spoken before about my Granny Smith Apple Trees that I grew from a seed that was inside of a store-bought apple. Clearly, I absolutely love the idea of regrowing food!

Here is the complete list of Foods that you can ReGrow! :

Gardening : Re-Growing Store-Bought Food

Here are some of the articles about regrowing store bought food :

Sprout Granny Smith Apple Tree Seeds

Re Grow Store-Bought Ginger Root

Grow Store-bought Garlic

Sprout Roots from an Avocado Seed

Some foods are obviously easier to grow than others. Still, I highly recommend that you try most of my methods for regrowing uneaten or unusable foods.

Don't forget, a lot of food that can't be regrown, can be composted. Learn about Composting here >>>

Composting Guide

* RainFern *

No comments: