My Baby Apple Trees




It's been a while so I thought that I'd give you an update about my "mini apple orchard".

I have had quite a few Granny Smith Apple Seeds sprout and then die for one reason or another. Mostly because I had the baby apple sprouts sitting in the (almost) direct sun and I didn't water them for a day or two.

Once I realized that had I fried a few of the apple trees with the help from the heat of the sun and that I only had two small apple tree sprouts left, I moved the remaining 2 Granny Smith apple trees further under the patio where they receive more hours of indirect sun and only one or two hours of direct sun. I have also stayed on top of watering the baby trees. I've watered them at least every 2 days for the entire summer.

My family and friends want me to plant the baby apple trees in the ground to get them out of the tiny flower pots. I on the other hand, would like to take these apple trees with me when I move out. I'm thinking that the tiny trees will be alright in the larger pots that I had transplanted them into, all of the way until the Summer of 2010 when I move into a new house. I may still have to upgrade the trees to larger pots once or twice before then.

What do you think?

No comments: