September Chicken Update

Unfortunately, I don't have any chickens yet. I have had to wait even longer before I can finally meet my chickens. I'm going to be moving into a new house, sometime (hopefully soon) before the Summer of 2015.

*UPDATE*

I will have my chickens before the end of Summer 2014 !!!

You Know :

I don't want to be somebody who is willing to go to the supermarket to buy some eggs yet I wouldn't know how to raise and care for real chickens if my life depended on it.

Another thing is this :

So many of my family and friends act as if I've gone mad when I mention raising my own chickens for eggs. It only makes me want to Raise My Own Chickens even more and prove to them that eggs don't come from grocery stores!

I want to succeed with raising chickens and show people just how easy it is to raise your own chickens. Free-Range Organic "Farm" raised chickens are better for your health, better for the environment, the process is better for the chickens, it's just plain better for your family!

Now here is how I'm preparing for my chickens :

I'm learning all kinds of information about raising chickens. I'm building a small-scale chicken coop, since I won't have too many chickens until I get the hang of things and move onto a few acres of land. *My Farm!* :-) I'm researching which type of chickens I want and where I'll buy them from. I'm deciding if I want to hatch eggs or buy live chicks... I'm also going to be writing articles about egg farming for this blog and for other sites. I will be posting the links for any chicken and/or poultry related articles here on this blog so Stay Tuned!

See you next time,

* RainFern *

P.S. I'm considering getting a duck or two for my turtle pond, we'll see... :}

No comments: